Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Neighborhood, New Gym, Last Day


So, I live in Suburbia, which is a new experience for me. It seemed like Suburbia was all about houses looking the same, neighborhood associations, and white bread. I was so, so wrong. It's been eye opening to see the variety of people, businesses and events that happen here in Suburbiaville. Lots of people from all over the world, right in my little neighborhood. Cool.

What does this have to do with a sneaker? Nothing. I am about to go for a run, so it seemed appropriate to post a sneaker pic.

Anyhow, has anyone gone to the Van Gogh show? This is the last weekend. Today is the final day. Who knew that lines would extend outside of the museum? Thousands of people were there ALL DAY LONG. Really. No exaggeration. We left at 2, thinking the crowds would die down by dinner time. So wrong with that assumption. Despite the crowds, it was an amazing exhibit with many gorgeous paintings.

Here is just one...Enjoy:




3 Comments:

Blogger edieraye said...

I've done that before - waited until the last day and then stood in line with all the other procrastinators. At least it reminds you that you are not alone in your foibles! Didn't make it to Van Gogh, bet it was amazing.

January 07, 2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger Dani_P said...

Yeah, me too. I do it all the time or I will just miss the show completely, especially when I was in school. I had no life, but now, I have no excuse, so I am going a little nuts and doing everything. It's like eating after a long fast. We also went to Fireside Pies, which has the best pizza in Dallas.

January 07, 2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger edieraye said...

Never been - you'll have to take me!

January 11, 2007 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home